Friday, January 06, 2006

Best Tardy Excuse, Evar!

Sorry I was late for work this morning, I had to water my pool.

Yesterday was gunite day for the pool. After about 6 noisy hours of high pressure concrete spraying we now have the rough body of the pool completed. I'll post pictures this weekend, but needless to say its great to see the pool taking shape. Part of the stage that we are in now is that for the gunite to set correctly it needs to be hosed down with water thoroughly twice a day. So this morning I was out hosing it down standing on the edge trying not to loose my footing and falling in. It's really impressive but I will need to remind the kids to be very careful around it. Makes you wonder which is more dangerous, an empty swimming pool or filled swimming pool. What do you think?