Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July

happy4th

I am spending a long holiday weekend with my family at our home on Brown Island in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. This is the second year in a row that we have been up here for the 4th of July weekend and it is becoming a tradition that I love. From the folksy parade to the fireworks in the bay it is nice to be in the small town of Friday Harbor with my huge extended family. We have napped, shopped, watched movies, read, listened to music, played cribbage, swam and eaten very well thanks to Rachel. Most importantly, this five day retreat has given me time to decompress before I start my new job. The timing of events this past month or so could not have been better for me. I am still tickled pink, but today I also add red, white and blue as we honor our great country. I hope this post finds you spending the holiday with those that you love.