Sunday, March 05, 2006

If it's not broke....

...I don't have to see it. Since Crash won the best picture Oscar tonight I really don't feel the need or obligation to see Brokeback Mountain. Everyone that I know that has seen it has described it as long, slow, depressing and a downer. Add the gay element to it and nothing is calling out to me to see this movie. I am not homophobic by any means and in fact have some very good friends who are gay and their sexual orientation has nothing to do with our friendship. Live and let live. But when I go to the movies you need to blow something up, give me a good car chase or at least show me some female skin. I want entertainment not a sleeping pill or a new reason to feel depressed. Watching Brokeback's two writers accept the best adapted screenplay Oscar tonight I was underwhelmed by their boring personalities. I guess if the cowboy fits....that was cheap...