Friday, October 07, 2005

Dream On

I realized that I never updated my readers on the results of my sleep study. So here it is. I am fat.

Skipping the medical mumbo jumbo, my doctor said to me, "you don't have sleep apnea, lose 10 pounds." Well, I am glad we got that out of the way. Since the study, the weather has cooled off mostly and I am sleeping much better than I was. I am even dreaming vividly and remembering them.

Last night I had the equivalent of my reoccurring adult nightmare. I was enrolled in a class and had a paper or final due that I was unprepared for. Over the years I have had various versions of this dream and I am sure it has to do with not getting my college degree. Mind you, I do not feel bad about not having my undergradute degree and have even considered going back over the years to finsh it. It just doesn't fit with where am at personally and professionally. What is funny is that when I wake from one of these dreams I am relieved that I am not enrolled in school and facing these deadlines. It sure beats the heck out of the nightmares I had as a kid.